Web Design Resources
Using Color on the Web
Color Theory for the Web
About Using Colors on Web Sites from the
Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, a simple overview that covers the basics well
Web Graphics for Non-Designers from
glasshaus, a more sophisticated guide providing very clear descriptions of the uses of various types of color schemes
Tools for Working with Color on the Web
Current Web Design Practice and Theory
- Site Reference was formed in March of 2004 with the goal to provide Web site owners with a wealth of information and tools to help them improve their Web businesses
- A List Apart for people who make Web sites
- Digital Web Magazine is an online magazine intended for professional Web designers, Web developers and information architects.
- WebWord information about usability and human factors for the Internet
- Cre8PC Blog intriguing blab about usability, web dev, search engines, Cre8asiteforums and Internet-life stuff.
- Bickner, C. (2003). Web design on a shoestring. Indianapolis: New Riders Press.
- Morville, P. (2005). Ambient findability. Sebastopol, CA: O'Reilly.
- Rosenfeld, L., & Morville, P. (2002). Information architecture for the World Wide Web. Sebastopol, CA: O'Reilly.
- Thurow, S. (2003). Search engine visibility. Indianapolis: New Riders Press.
- Zeldman, J. (2003). Designing with Web standards. Indianapolis: New Riders Press.
Usability and Usability Testing
- Krug, S. (2000). Don't make me think: A common sense approach to Web usability. Indianapolis, IN: New Riders Publishing.
- Nielsen, J. (2000). Designing Web usability: The practice of simplicity. Indianapolis, IN: New Riders Publishing.
- Pearrow, M. (2000). Web site usability handbook. Rockland, MA: Charles River Media.
- Rubin, J. (1994). Handbook of usability testing: How to plan, design and conduct effective tests. New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Sachs, T., & McClain, G. (2002). Back to the user: Creating user-focused Web sites. Indianapolis: New Riders Press.
- Spool, J. M. (1997). Web site usability: A designer's guide. North Andover, MA: User Interface Engineering.