STEP 1: WHAT WILL YOUR SITE DO FOR YOU?|
The Purpose of Your Site
The first step in developing a Web site is to think carefully about what you want and need your site to do for you. Then, articulate it in writing.
What are the purposes of your site? It could be to:
- Market yourself/your company
- Provide information about yourself/your company
- Display products or services
- Sell products or services
- Provide a new way for customers to get in touch with you
- Solicit names and addresses of customers and potential customers
Will Your Web Site Have Any of the Following Features?
- A photo or sound gallery of your products
- A calendar of upcoming events
- A form for visitors to request more information
- An electronic newsletter
- A guestbook where past customers can tell new customers about their positive experiences working with you
- A poll to get more information about your visitors
- A counter so you can see how many people are visiting your site
Write down the top 3 priorities for your site. Examples could include:
- Market your products/skills
- Sell your products online
- Provide information to your customers
The answers to these questions will give Plum Lovely Designs a good idea of how much time will be required to set your site up and maintain it. It will also form the basis for how your site is set up to get your message across. Be as specific as possible, it will save you time and money. It is always easier to build than to tear apart and rebuild.
Next is step 2: Your site's look and feel|