STEP 3: CONTENT - WRITING FOR YOUR WEB SITE|
Every Site's "Must Have" Content List
- A clear message, communicated immediately and reinforced consistently through text and design.
- Concrete information about your services or products that will be useful to your clientele.
- Contact information.
Focus Your Writing for Your Clientele
An appealing site will hold the attention of your visitors long enough for them to see if you have what they want. Know your clientele.
Put their priorities first by making it easy for them to find what will be most important to them and communicating it in a way that is easy to understand.
- Who are you speaking to?
- What are they looking for?
Content Is the Only Thing That Will Bring Your Visitors Back
- An attractive site will get a visitor's attention, only high-quality content will keep them.
- High quality content gains customers and creates word-of-mouth advertising, providing the return on your investment of time, money and resources in your Web site.
Use Large Blocks of Text Sparingly
- Web users scan, surf, click and browse.
- Web users only read paragraphs when they absolutely have to know what you know.
- Use bulleted lists whenever possible.
- Keep your prose clean and tight.
Next is step 4: Making technology choices and making your site live|